Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Caroline S. pg. 235#5

I searched emerging technologies and found a technology I have never heard of called RSS or Really Simple Syndication, which is an xml-based format used to share headlines and other web content. I think this technology would be especially useful for teachers to share ideas on what to do in the classroom. I think it's very important for teachers to share their ideas in order to have creative lesson plans. Teachers are great resources and RSS would be useful for sharing ideas found on the web. Students could also use RSS to share their ideas with peers all across the country.
I also found out about robotics, which I have heard of, but was interested in learning how to use them in a classroom. Robotics are a fun way of learning about physics, computer science, engineering and mathematics.Students also learn about the software and technology behind how robots and robotics work. I think it would provide them interest in technology and subjects they may not have previously been interested in.

No comments: