Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bret Kinslow Assignment 12a

Bret Kinslow

Page 236 - #14.
When it comes to the concept of the Blog, I really can see how I have used Everett Rogers five steps for implementing its use in education

Knowledge: I became aware of the technology in fairly early in its life, and have seen it used in a multitude of ways

Persuasion: Originally my opinion of it was rather negative. However, I have seen it progress into an incredibly efficient tool, one rife with prospects for both evaluation collaboration and a whole host of different opportunities for engaging higher level thinking.

Decision: Having partaken in a few courses utilizing the technology as well as observing its utility by internet news sites and so on, I have come to the conclusion that it is definitely a useful technology.

Implementation: While I myself have not used Blogs as an educational instrument as an instructor, I have been engaged with them first-hand, and firmly believe that they are a useful tool. I have witnessed their utilization to great effect.

Confirmation: I have, being a person who has used these in a class – as well as being a avid internet surfer – seen both efficient and not so efficient use of the implement and feel I have had occasion to adapt the idea. In its most basic form, I can easily see how one might overlook its incredible potential. It is not a necessarily an immediately rewarding process, it requires support and inspiration. With the right amount of foresight as an instructor, students can learn to utilize multiple types of media, reflection, and collaboration to gain a firmer grasp of any content – and thus facilitating higher level learning.

No comments: