Wednesday, April 8, 2009

#12a Kyla Hendry

Question #14
Probeware is a relatively new technology to me. I first encountered it when I took my general chemistry classes here at MSU. These classes are where I gained knowledge of the technology, and it didn’t take long to be persuaded into liking the technology. Through several chemistry classes I have used probeware (mainly temperature and pH). Using this technology in labs definitely made it easier, there was much less chance of error in measurements, and my results directly correlated to the minimal error. Probeware is a form technology that I would like to eventually use in my classroom if there is enough funding to have it in the school. Students would benefit from the use of the technology, it would cut down in error, lab time, and prepare students for the use of probeware in university classes. Confirmation of using probeware would have to come after I start teaching, from my experience using probeware I think it would work well in the lab, but would have to evaluate the resources I had available, and the group of students, grade level and topics I would be teaching.

No comments: