Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Whitney Baum assignment #12a quiz

In regard to question #14 on page 236, I will reflect on my reaction to the emerging teaching technology of the SmartBoard. In response to Roger's five-step acceptance process, I would say I am currently on step 4: IMPLEMENTATION. I have gained some KNOWLEDGE of the SmartBoard's technology and teaching implications (step 1), which started my acceptance process. In order for me to put that knowledge to use, I had to have someone to PERSUADE me (step 2) and teach and propose to me different ways in which I could use a SmartBoard in my classroom. Step 3 is my DECISION to adopt this technology for my teaching purpose, which I feel is a great idea in my future of teaching Health Enhancement. Now I have reached step 4, IMPLEMENTATION of this technology, for which I am currently building a unit plan around that assists in teaching students the triple jump. I will not reach step 5, CONFIRMATION, until I have used a SmartBoard lesson in front of a class of students; it is then that I will be able to evaluate the efficacy of my use of this emerging technology as a teaching tool. For now, the plan looks good.

No comments: